We’re just getting started!
Thank you to everyone who has supported #cryptoCOVID19 so far and made this our most successful campaign yet. We’ve been amazed by the community support with over 50 crypto industry partners and hundreds of donors coming together to raise money to fight COVID-19 together.
Before we dive in, please explore the ways that you can get involved to help us unite the cryptocurrency community in eradicating COVID19:
- Individuals: Donate, tweet or reach out with your own way to fundraise!
- Companies: Is your organization interested in supporting crypto-friendly nonprofits on the front lines of COVID-19?
- Nonprofits: Fighting on the front lines of COVID19? Reach out to us about joining #cryptoCOVID19.
Highlights to Date
- March 23 – April 10th: Gitcoin Health Grants $100k Match
- April 9th: Crypto vs. COVID Charity Poker Tournament
Marketing & Reach
When we set out to create this campaign we also had a goal of at least 1 million impressions to spread the word about how crypto is fighting COVID-19. Thanks to our marketing partners and the community for your support on social media and beyond. You’ve helped us blast through 1 million impressions in just the first few weeks. Special shoutout to the following:
- Brave Ad Grants
- Blockfolio Value Ads
- Cointelegraph Coverage + Live Stream of Crypto vs. COVID Poker
- CryptoBriefing Ads & Coverage
- Decrypt Coverage
- CoinDesk Coverage
Ongoing & Upcoming
- April 3 – June 1: Waves.Exchange Prediction Markets
- April 7 – May 1: Coingaming / Bitcasino Matching Campaign
- April 16th: Nexo Matching Donations to Save the Children #Savewithcrypto
- April 20th: Sportsbet.io Watford FC Jersey Giveaway for the next 100 donors of $50 or more. More info here.
- April 23rd: Crypto vs. COVID Charity Poker Tournament #2
- May 5: GivingTuesdayNow Live Stream Concert (more info soon)
- Date TBD: Edge Wallet, in partnership with ChangeNOW, Changelly, Godex, SideShift, MoonPay, Bity, and Bits of Gold is donating commissions on all trading operations that take place inside of Edge using any of these built-in exchange providers.
As the campaign continues to grow, we will continue to add new nonprofits fighting on the front lines of COVID19. Let’s give a warm welcome to our newest #cryptoCOVID19 charities:
- Mona Foundation: We are supporting all of our schools to transitional to digital platforms to improve dissemination of information to their students and families and to continue with the education of their students. We are also supplying these schools and families with educational resources and key information.
- Pencils of Promise: Pencils of Promise was founded on the belief that each child deserves access to quality education. In many of the communities we partner with in Ghana, Guatemala and Laos, this access is impacted by our students’ ability to access clean water and learn Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene practices. Now, more than ever, WASH Programming is an essential component of safety from the virus that has impacted each of us.
- Justice and Care: Justice & Care, a Pineapple Fund recipient, is now fundraising cryptocurrency to support their work providing urgent supplies to victims of human trafficking who lost their support systems as a result of the coronavirus. Already living hand to mouth, human trafficking victims are relying on Justice & Care to keep them safe from the impacts of COVID-19 and maintain a support network to prevent them from being re-trafficked.”
How Can I Do My Part?
Individuals: Donate, tweet and start your own fundraiser!
Companies: Is your organization interested in supporting crypto-friendly nonprofits on the front lines of COVID-19?
Nonprofits: Fighting on the front lines of COVID19? Reach out to us about joining #cryptoCOVID19.
Thank you for doing your part. Reach out at [email protected]